Friday 2 January 2015

Face of the day.


Evenin'
I went back to work today after a lovely long break for the Christmas holidays. I did not want to get out of bed this morning, no way. But some how I did, after snoozing my alarm for 20 minutes. 
Thanks to snoozing the alarm I went to work with minimal makeup.
So first thing I did when I got home, after fussing Henry and eating pizza, was apply some makeup, mainly because my new No7 2014 Illuminated Make-up Mirror arrived today :). 
Here is how I created this "my every day when I do not have to get up at 7am" look.
♥I took off my day long eye makeup using my garnier micellar water.
♥ Applied my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in the colour vanilla. I like this foundation because it gives a good coverage with a thin coat, and leaves a lovely matte effect, but shines in the light like a natural glow, without looking oily. I am naturally quite pale so this foundation is a tad too dark for me, it's mainly for when I have a tan but with a jumper I can pull it off as you cannot see the rest of my skin. I used my Zoeva 102 silk finish to apply this, sometimes I use my Real Techniques beauty blender.

♥In doing this I created the ever so fashionable foundation lips, so I quickly cleared that up with my Lush bubblegum lip scrub, and then applied my Bodyshop lip butter, in I think, peach. 

♥Then, I moved onto my eyes. For the eye shadow I used my Bourjois Smoky Eyes Eye Shadow Trio £7.99 in the colour 03 Mordoré Chic. I took the lightest shade all over my lid to my eyebrow, the medium shade on just my lid, and brought it down into the corner of my eye, and then I blended the darkest colour into my crease, and brought it down onto the lower lash line to create a smokey brown effect. Sound quick and easy? Meh, not quite. 

The brushes I used are real techniques-base shadow brush, Zoeva 227 & Zoeva 231

♥I then took my L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara £10.99 on my upper lashes, and a light coat on my lower lashes. 

My mirror reflected in my eyes















♥To finish off I took my Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Shine Lacquer in the colour Charm Offensive £7. 


7 comments:

  1. Hello Ali! You might have already done it but I have nominated you for the Liebster Award because I feel like your blog really deserves it! All info here - http://where-shegoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great!! I love the lush lip scrub!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning! x

    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your eyes! :)

    tonixox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete